Global State of Enterprise Analytics 2018
MicroStrategy’s latest research study, the 2018 Global State of Enterprise Analytics Report, is based on surveys completed in April 2018 with 500 globally-based enterprise analytics and business intelligence professionals on the state of their organizations’ analytics initiatives across 20 industries. Selected participants came form organizations with 250 to 20,000 employees from five countries, including Brazil, Germany, Japan, UK and the USA.
Some of the most interesting predictions emerging from the study are reported below:
- 71% of enterprises predict their spending on data & analytics will accelerate in the next 3 years and beyond.
- 1% of enterprises globally predict their investments in data and analytics will accelerate in the next three years and beyond.
- 52% of enterprises are leveraging advanced and predictive analytics today to provide greater insights and contextual intelligence into operations.
- Just 16% of enterprises have enabled at least 75% of their employees to have access to company data and analytics.
- Cloud Computing (24%), Big Data (20%), and AI/Machine Learning (18%) are the three technologies predicted to have the greatest impact on analytics over the next five years.